entertainthekids.com

entertainthekids.com

03 April 2008

Welcome back!

Hello...I'm back!

Last time I kept this blog, I was in the process of setting up www.entertainthekids.com & the blogs were published by www.startups.co.uk. I got tons of comments from readers who wanted to know where we were up to. Someone said it was so frustrating - he read all the posts in one go (6 months of them!) & then felt like the last page of the book had been ripped out & he didn't know what the ending was. Well I'm delighted to say, that we haven't reached the end yet - not by a long shot!

So 2 years later, here we still are. And to celebrate our 2 year birthday we've had a bit of a makeover, & we're looking mighty fine I think (thanks to the team at Creative Spark - Jake, Carl, Andy etc). But here's a question for you...to italicise (the logo) or not? There was much discussion about this. In the end it was left italicised as before, but what do you think?

Anyhow, I'm back with the blogging now. But perhaps it will now be more about what I'm doing as a mum with my little 'un, than about the business itself.

We're in this game to give "tons of inspiration" to parents, and whilst we can post resources, days out, arts & crafts, colouring pages etc to our hearts' content, nothing beats hearing about someone's personal experiences.

So that's why I've started this malarky up again. We've kept it on the same profile as before, so if you want to read about how we got started, you'll find all the posts still there in the archive.

Quick update about the family...still married, still have one child (Luke, now aged 4 & starting school in September - eeek!) and still making sure that we spend as much time as possible out having a laugh together...but like everyone else it's a balancing act between seeing extended family, Luke's social life - birthday parties nearly every weekend! - and other things we have responsibilities for - including (my husband would say it was a responsibility anyhow) 'his' commitment to his football-watching which is his priority most Saturdays.

Does that mean my house looks like a bomb has hit it? Yes! Does that mean that the ironing/washing/washing-up & cleaning the skirting boards go to the bottom of that never-ending list every time? Yes! Do I care? No....well sometimes I do, but it doesn't take me that long to forget. I haven't been blessed with the houseproud gene that my mum has in spades, but in some ways it means that I'm spending my time on the things that matter (well that's my opinion anyway!)

So I'm off for a jam packed weekend (working around the football commitments!), and I'll update you next week what we got up to. There are 52 weekends in a year, why try to make the memories in just your 2 week holiday each year? Make the most of it & get out there!

No comments: