entertainthekids.com

entertainthekids.com

26 September 2005

A mum-preneur in the making?

Well, that was pretty painless & I am now an official blogger, which until two days ago I'd never even heard of!

Reading up on some books to research my new business, and I came across the concept. I'd had an idea to do a series of articles for a magazine to chart my progress in setting up my own business, but how 'last year' is that? Hallelujah! This format is ideal for me, in this new age of technology, to describe the ups and downs of a real-life mum starting her own business, from conception of the idea through to eventual launch. Readers can experience my setbacks, and my successes, and learn how to become an entrepreneur themselves if they like, and avoid my (many) mistakes!

I know that many mums & mums-to-be think about running their own business, so they can have more flexibility & a better work/life balance, but most don't know what it will involve, and don't know how to take the next step. So become a 'fly on the wall' in someone else's life.

So who on earth am I, who is ready & willing to share my lowest moments and my highest thrills?

- I'm a 32 year old mum (to Luke aged 21 months),
- a wife (to Gregg, aged nearly 32!),
- an accountant (institute to chartered accountants in england & wales),
- a business owner (well nearly, obviously!),
- 'mother' to 2 cats (cleo & tizzy - that is relevant, you'd be amazed how even the cats impact upon my quest for time & money freedom!)

By the way, I'm English and setting up the business in UK.

Well that's all for now. I'd better start the next post by rewinding to January 2005, when the idea was first conceived. So keep in touch, hope you enjoy it - now I'm off to feed the cats!

Kirsty

No comments: